Fort St. John Worker Fall Protection Training Courses by Energy Safety Canada
Course Length: 6 to 8 Hours
Start Time: 8:00 am sharp
Cost: $210 + GST
Location: Trojan Safety Training Centre, 11116 Tahltan Road, Fort St. John, BC
The fall protection training in Fort St. John is an all-day course that provides employees in the oil and gas industry with the training to successfully complete the test for certification in Energy Safety Canada (formerly OSSA) Fall Protection. Upon completing the test, you will receive a permanent certificate the same day. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
To register and complete the course, you will need to have:
- Photo ID, or 2 non-photo government-issued IDs
- Own harness recommended but not necessary
The fall protection practical course in Fort St. John is intended to equip employees with a full understanding of a fall protection system, how to handle fall protection equipment, develop work procedures, and mitigate potential hazards in the workplace.
The course covers:
- Hazard assessments, due diligence, and documentation
- Legislation, PPE, why people fall, anchor point location, lanyard selection, shock absorbers and fall arrest forces, fall clearance calculations, and swing fall.
- Control zones, guard rails, travel restraints, safety nets, horizontal and vertical lifelines, descent control devices, fall arrest stops, and fall protection plans.
- Anchors, connecting components, lanyards, self-retracting devices, safety belt, shock absorbers, full-body harness, and pre-use inspection
- Rescue plans and suspension trauma
- Practical donning of full-body harness and lift
Please let us know at least 24 hours (1 business day) before your fall protection training course date if you need to cancel your booking, otherwise, you will be charged a $100 No-Show fee.
Fort St. John Worker Fall Protection Course Calendar
Use the calendar below to find the fall protection training in BC course date that suits you. Click on the course date to go to the registration page