Worker Fall Protection Training Courses
Course Length: 6 to 8 Hours
Start Time: 8:00am sharp
Cost: $200 + GST
Location: Trojan Safety Training Centre, 11116 Tahltan Road, Fort St. John, BC
This is an all day course that provides you with the training to successfully complete the test for certification in Energy Safety Canada ( formerly OSSA) Fall Protection. Upon completion of the test, you will receive a permanent certificate the same day. The certificate is valid for 3 years.
To register and complete the course, you will need to have:
- Photo ID, or 2 non-photo gov’t issued ID’s
- Own harness recommended but not necessary
This Course Covers:
- Hazard assessments, due diligence, documentation
- Legislation, PPE, why people fall, anchor point location, lanyard selection, shock absorbers & arresting forces, fall clearance calculations, swing fall.
- Control zones, guard rails, travel restraint, safety nets, horizontal and vertical lifelines, descent control devices, fall protection plans.
- Anchors, connecting components, lanyards, self-retracting devices, shock absorbers, full-body harness, pre-use inspection
- Rescue plans, suspension trauma
- Practical donning of full-body harness and lift
Please let us know at least 24 hours (1 business day) before your course date if you need to cancel your booking, otherwise, you will be charged a $100 No-Show fee.